File Parser Error - File Field Value Range Exceeded: 16190 (14015,586)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 01, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Campus Community - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
File Parser File Mapping 'too many fields' error keys off Sort Order, rather than actual field count.
When using the 'Preview Data' functionality of the File Parser File Mapping, an error is encountered saying the maximum number of fields was 1000 when using 600+ fields.
Reducing the maximum Sort Order number under the File Layout tab below 10K allows the Preview Data functionality to proceed, even when number of actual fields was later increased beyond number used when original error was received.
File Field value range exceeded: 16190 (14015,586)
The maximum number of file field values that can be referenced is 1000.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open file parser file mapping, selecting SAD_SAT_TESTRESULTS_OCT2015.
2. Go to Preview Data tab and use College Board's supplied sample file, DI_SAT_ESR_Sample_File_FIXED_WIDTH_05_2015.txt available at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/zip/sat-fixed-width-sample-data-file-higher-ed.zip .
3. Go to File Layout tab, click Last to get to end of layout, and add a '1' before '6190' sort order for field Filler 35, making new sort order number of 16190.
4. Go to Preview Data tab; supplied sample file should still be attached.
5. Select Preview Data button.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms