Last updated on JULY 18, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Strategic Sourcing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Communication Details link does not register all comments from the approver and the requester when the Reason Code has been used earlier against the same transaction, in the process of requesting more information on a supplier registration request.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue:
1. Set up Approval Process Definition.
2. In Transaction Configuration, set up Request Information and Request Information Added Events.
3. The requester creates a supplier registration, needing approval.
4. The approver logs in, reviews it and clicks on Request More Information button, choosing a Reason Code, for example Discrepancy.
5. The requester logs in and checks the Worklist. He checks the Communication Details link and the Comments section. These match for now.
6. In Communication Details link, the requester sees the note from the approver: it is a Discrepancy which must be corrected. He reviews the registration, inserts a Reason Code, for example "Discrepancy Corrected".
7. The approver logs back in and checks the Worklist. There are 2 comments in Communication Details and 2 in Comments section, which is correct.
8. The approver approves the Request.
9. A second approver logs in and clicks on Request More Information button, using this time the other reason code, Incomplete Information. The Comments section and Communication Details match: 3, correct.
10. The requester logs in and checks the Worklist. He checks the Communication Details: the registration information was incomplete.
11. He reviews the supplier registration. Before re-submitting, he chooses Reason Code "More Information Provided", in response to the Reason Code chosen by the approver.
12. Going back to his Worklist, the requester checks the Communication Details and the Comments section: 4 comments, which is correct.
13. The approver logs in again and sees the request for supplier registration in the Worklist. He reviews it again and decides there is a discrepancy and clicks on Request More Information button. The approver chooses Reason Code
14. The approver checks the Comments and the Communication Details link. Now these do not match: Communication Details - 4 comments, Comments section- 5 comments.
15. The requester logs in again and checks the Worklist. In Communication Details link, the requester sees 4 comments: 2 actions and 2 responses to those actions. He does not see the latest Request for Information with reason code Discrepancy, coming from the latest approver. Naturally, he would not know what reason code ("Discrepancy Corrected" or "Information Provided") to chose when resubmitting the Supplier Registration. This is incorrect.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms