E-FTP: Orphan Rows Left Behind In PSPTFILE_PRCS When Transfers Are Interrupted
Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Orphan rows are gathering in the PSPTFILE_PRCS table. When a file upload transaction is canceled, the temporary rows from PSPTFILE_PRCS table will not be deleted or purged, thus increasing the size of the table unnecessarily.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Log into PIA.
2. Navigate to PeopleTools -> Utilities -> Debug -> PeopleTools Test Utilities.
3. Enter the following in the URL box:
4. Set-up PeopleCode tracing.
5. Try to upload a large file.
6. While the file is still uploading, click on another menu item in PIA. This will discontinue the file upload operation.
7. In the trace, notice the temporary rows created in PSPTFILE_PRCS, with SQLs like this:
PSAPPSRV.2933 (25) 1-54891 07.43.59 0.000107 Cur#1.2933.HR92PT54 RC=0
Dur=0.000053 COM Stmt=INSERT INTO PSPTFILE_PRCS (GUID, ISDBATTACH,
ATTACHSYSFILENAME, FILE_SEQ, VERSION, FILE_SIZE, LASTUPDDTTM, LASTUPDOPRID,
FILE_DATA) VALUES (:1,:2,:3,:4,:5,:6,NULL,:7,:8)
8. Look in the database: notice that these files are still in the record, even though the file upload operation was finished.
As these rows are missing the LASTUPDDTTM, they will not get flushed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms