Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Accounts and Balances
Customer balance is -0.02 after partially paying foreign currency item and writing-off remaining amount.
Customer balance should be 0.00 when item is closed.
- GL Definition NLDE1 has base currency EUR.
- Make sure VAT percentage is 7 percent.
- Define market rates between EUR and JPY for 01-NOV (0.245555) and 17-NOV (0.211111).
- AR business unit NLDE1 is linked to GL business unit NLDE1.
- Make sure to define Rounding Account Code in Receivables Definition.
- Make sure to have 4 different entry reasons for System Function WS-09 and link each different entry reason to a different Dept.
- Bank NDBNK and account CHCK is linked to GL Unit NLDE1. Make sure to add currency JPY for this bank account.
- Create an item for business unit NLDE1 and customer NLD02. Item amount is 2070450 JPY and rate is 0.245555. VAT Transaction Amount = 1935000 JPY and VAT Amount is 135450 JPY. Make sure to use VAT Code NL2 (7%).
- Post item.
- Create a regular deposit for business unit NLDE1 and bank NDBNK. Currency is JPY, rate is 0.211111 and amount is 1746450
- Build payment worksheet.
- Partially pay item JPY_ITEM1, Pay Amt = 1746450.
- Create 1st write-off for amount 39000 using entry reason 1.
- Create 2nd write-off for amount 75000 using entry reason 2.
- Create 3rd write-off for amount 209000 using entry reason 3.
- Create 4th write-off for remaining amount 1000 using entry reason 4.
- Change posting action to Batch Standard.
- Run ARUPDATE to post payment.
- Account Overview for business unit NLDE1 and customer NLD02 is showing Balance of -0.02
- PS_ITEM is looking fine. BAL_AMT and BAL_AMT_BASE are both 0.00
- SUM(MONETARY_AMOUNT) is wrong (-0.02) in PS_ITEM_DST where SYSTEM_DEFINED = 'A'. Should be 0.00
- SUM(ENTRY_AMT_BASE) is wrong (-0.02) in PS_ITEM_ACTIVITY. Should be 0.00
- SUM(ENTRY_AMT_BASE) is wrong (-0.02) in PS_PENDING_ITEM. Should be 0.00
- SUM(MONETARY_AMOUNT) is wrong in PS_PENDING_DST where SYSTEM_DEFINED = 'A'. Should be 0.00
- BAL_AMT is wrong (-0.02) in PS_CUST_DATA. Should be 0.00
- Real Gain/Loss is wrong for write-off lines in PS_PENDING_ITEM and PS_ITEM_ACTIVITY.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, customer balances are incorrect in AR and GL.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms