PO: Email Collaboration for PurchaseOrder, Sends Same Approval Email When Pushback is Used. The Correct Generic Template Is Used for Pushback, When Email Collaboration is NOT Used.
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 8.54 version, FSCM 9.2 AWE Workflow Email Approval Customization.
PurchaseOrder AWE pushback e-mail uses wrong notification template
On Pushback action, the e-mail collaboration engine is sending the generic approval template vs using the event based pushback template. This is delivered behavior as the system is assuming the first approver needs to approve again and therefore its using the default generic template. However, this is confusing to an approver who uses e-mail/blackberry to determine what needs to be approved. If there is a pushback, the e-mail should look different to encourage the approver to log into the system and to review the pushback comments.
The Email Approval for Pushback,, should indicate the Action is Pushback in the email sent.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1.Create AWE PO Process Definition with 2 or greater steps.
2. Submit PO.
3. 1st Approver receives email, and Approves PO.
4. Repository receives Approval Response.
5. EOAWEMC AE program is run to update Approval Status.
6. 2nd Approver receives email, and presses Pushback link for PO.
7. Repository receives Approval Response.
8. EOAWEMC AE program is run to update approval status.
9. 1st Approver receives email that was pushed back, however the email is the same as the initial Approval Request.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms