EEX 9.2: My Wallet Detail Page (EX_POP_WALLET1) Displays Invalid Value Expense Type Even After The Fix From Defect 21127888 (Image 14) Is Installed
(Doc ID 2094026.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even after having installed PeopleSoft Enterprise FSCM 9.2 Image #14, with the solution provided for the issue raised in Defect # 21127888 (Expense Type Appear As Invalid Value In My Wallet Detail), the Expense Type drop down list field from the My Wallet Detail page (EX_POP_WALLET1) still shows Invalid Value if the Set ID values defined at the TableSet Control configuration for Expenses related Record Groups EX_01 and EX_02 differ. The provided fix seems to only work when both Record Groups use the same Set ID value, but confuses the system if the values defined are different.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Travel and Expenses > Manage Employee Information > Update Profile
- Open the Expenses Profile from existing employee ID KU0021
- At the Organizational Data tab, make sure to have the below settings in place:
- GL Business Unit = US003
- Department ID = 13000
- HR Supervisor = KU0005
- Navigate to: Set Up Financials/Supply Chain > Product Related > Expenses > Purchase > Expense Type
- Perform a search under Set ID US003, and confirm that there are no Expense Type values configured
- Click on the 'Add A New Value' tab
- Define the below values, and click on ADD button:
- Set ID = US003
- Expense Type = GCS
- Proceed to define the different required values in the 3 available tabs of the Expense Type, and save the changes
- Navigate to: PeopleTools > Utilities > Administration > TableSet Control
- Open the existing Set Control Value US003
- Find the below Record Groups, and set the following Set ID values:
- Record Group EX_01 ==> Set ID SHARE
- Record Group EX_02 ==> Set ID US003
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA1
- Navigate to: Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses > My Wallet
- Define Employee ID KU0021, and click on SEARCH button
- At the 'Review My Wallet Receipts' page, from the Add Expense section, select from the drop down list the new Expense Type value configured: GCS
- Click on ADD button
- Once at the My Wallet Detail page (EX_POP_WALLET1), the Expense Type field is displaying INVALID VALUE, instead of the proper description
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Expenses Users are unable to successfully manually add new My Wallet transactions, as the Expense Type is incorrectly displaying Invalid Value, and creates confusion, as the same proper value was available for selection when adding the new Expense. This delays the creation of new transactions, and as such, potentially causing further delays in approvals, and reimbursements.
The My Wallet Detail page (EX_POP_WALLET1) should be able to properly display the correct description at the Expense Type drop down list field no matter what combination of Set ID values are stored at Record Groups EX_01 and EX_02 for the Set Control Value used by the Employee's General Ledger Business Unit.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document