Last updated on MAY 04, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When reporting changes are done through Manager Self Service for an employee that has more than one Employee record and one of these other Employee record's is inactive the update to the Supervisor_id does not occur for the Employee record that the reporting change was done on.
The JOB record is being inserted with the supervisor ID on the new effective dated row. The issue is with the warning message. Message 18222, 1132 is erroneous in that it states the employee became inactive after the initiation of the transaction. The employee does have an inactive row which is not on the Employee record that is being changed.
Warning: Employee ID (xxxxxx) - Name is Inactive. (18222, 1132)
This employee became inactive after the initiation of this transaction. You may need to contact an administrator to determine the correct action.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigated to Manager Dashboard.
2. Choose Supervisor ID Change
3. Select an employee "Empl ID". Note that it is Job record number 4 and the Empl Status is Active and the HR Status is Active, then select Continue.
4. Request Reporting Change.
6. Follow link "Return to Supervisor ID Change"
7. Go to Manager Dashboard.
8. Review Approval Process.
9. Received Warning Message.
10. Workflow Inquiry states transaction was successful, despite inactive message box.
Due to this issue, student employment team does numerous supervisor ID changes and are now relying on this to work properly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms