Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Running escalation notification process the email is being generated to the alternate user ID but they cannot approve the report. The report does not show in the alternate approvers queue.
1) At installation Level for Expenses select HR Supervisor
2) Via Notifications and Escalations setup the trigger for rerouting
Enterprise Component>Approvals>Notifications and Escalations>Events
Make sure that the following 2 Events are properly defined in the system:
ESCALATION_EVENT and APPROVAL ACTIVITY EMAIL
3) Ensure Notification and Escalations settings are properly configured for the below Event IDs:
Enterprise Component>Approvals>Notifications and Escalations>Notifications and Escalations
Event ID: ESCALATIONS
Event ID: APPROVAL ACTIVITY EMAIL
4) Configure Job NEM_MAIN as this will be the one used for Escalations/Re-routing by Workflow in Expenses
PeopleTools>Process Scheduler>Jobs > Jobs
5) Create a new JobSet Definition and link it to Job NEM_MAIN
PeopleTools>Process Scheduler>Schedule Jobset Defintion
6) Activate the Escalations/Rerouting settings, configure at the Rerouting Rules tab at HR Supervisor level. This will reroute Expense Reports to be escalated to the HR Supervisors of the Approvers if they have not acted during the time limit establish.
7) In the ERApproval Process Definition, identify the Stage for HR Supervisor, and at the Path Details level, setup the escalation settings as well:
Enterprise Component>Approvals>Approvals Approval Process Setup
8) Employee profile Populate the HR Supervisor Field
9) Expense Transaction Definition go to Rerouting Tab, populate the Duration Days field and select the Route to Supervisor check box.
10) Go to PeopleTools>User Profile>Workflow Tab populate the Alternate User ID Field
11) Create report and submit and let the number of Duration Days expire.
12) Run the Escalation Notification Process
(At this point the correct outcome is achieved. The report does route correctly and is available to approve in the Alternate Approvers approval queue)
13) Create a new report and submit
14) Run the Escalation Notification Process a subsequent time
(This is when the problem will occur. The prior report awaiting approval is removed from the alternates user ID approval queue. The new report (Step 13) will be routed correctly and is in Alternate Approvers queue)
Actual Result: The email notification is generated to the Supervisor's, Supervisor alternate Approver, but the report is not in the alternate approvers queue
Please see replication steps document for more details.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms