Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.1 version, Budgets Integration
Project Costing budget checking process triggered by PC_INTFEDIT ignores the accounting date on the transaction and it defaults to current date. This creates an issue for month end closing because transactions for the previous month are being process but the system defaults the accounting date to current date. Therefore, the transactions are being posted to the KK ledger in the wrong period. Possible issue could be at the following step where the accounting date is getting defaulted from system date.
-- 15.15.03 ..........(PC_TO_KK.BPCheck.Insert1) (SQL)
INSERT INTO PS_PC_KK_HDR (JOURNAL_ID, BUSINESS_UNIT_PC, PROJECT_ID,
ACTIVITY_ID, KK_DISTRIB_STATUS, BUDGET_HDR_STATUS, KK_TRAN_OVER_DTTM,
KK_TRAN_OVER_FLAG, KK_TRAN_OVER_OPRID, KK_GEN_PARENT, KK_DEFAULT_EE,
KK_PARENT_ENT_TYPE, LEDGER_GROUP, ENTRY_EVENT, ACCOUNTING_DT,
KK_BUDG_TRANS_TYPE, PC_KK_AE_TYPE, KK_SOURCE_TRAN, KK_AMOUNT_TYPE,
ANALYSIS_TYPE, PC_BUDGET_ID, PROCESS_INSTANCE) SELECT JOURNAL_ID,
BUSINESS_UNIT, PROJECT_ID, ACTIVITY_ID, 'B', MAX(BUDGET_HDR_STATUS),
MAX(FMS_DTTM_STAMP), MAX(KK_TRAN_OVER_FLAG), MAX(FMS_OPRID),
MAX(KK_GEN_PARENT), MAX(KK_DEFAULT_EE), MAX(KK_PARENT_ENT_TYPE),
'2', 'PC_JOURNAL', MAX(KK_AMOUNT_TYPE), MAX(ANALYSIS_TYPE),
MAX(PC_BUDGET_ID), 28277 FROM PS_INTFC_PROJ_RES WHERE INTFC_ID BETWEEN 1 AND
1 AND 1 = 1 AND BUSINESS_UNIT = 'PRJOT' AND PROJECT_ID = 'FM_07746' AND
ACTIVITY_ID = 'DEP' AND JOURNAL_ID <> ' ' AND BUSINESS_UNIT <> ' ' AND
BUSINESS_UNIT_GL <> ' ' AND ACTIVITY_ID <> ' ' AND CURRENCY_CD_GL <> ' ' AND
BUDGET_HDR_STATUS = 'N' AND KK_DISTRIB_STATUS IN ('N', 'B') AND
KK_AMOUNT_TYPE NOT IN (' ', '0', '9') AND KK_SOURCE_TRAN = 'PC_JOURNAL' AND
PC_KK_AE_TYPE = '2' AND PROCESS_INSTANCE = 28277 GROUP BY JOURNAL_ID,
BUSINESS_UNIT, PROJECT_ID, ACTIVITY_ID
Accounting date of transactions in KK_ACTIVITY_LOG should be the same as accounting date provided in the transaction in PC module.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enable commitment Control for project costing
2. Create a Project/Activity
3. Create a budget Plan and budget details. use monthly calender when defining budgets. Period 10 represents October and Period 11 represents Nov (this month period)
4. Create a transaction in INTFC_PROJ_RES. Add the accounting date in the previous month say October.
5. Run PC_INTFEDIT to load
6. The accounting date is same in both PS_PROJ_RESOURCE and the date in INTFC_PROJ_RES.
7. Need to evaluate where the rows got posted in KK. Is it posted for the period of Oct or Nov.
8. Check KK_ACTIVITY_LOG for this transaction and note the accounting date. It is not the date for this transaction that we fed in INTFC_PROJ_RES but it is the date when INTFEDIT process is run.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms