Last updated on OCTOBER 12, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Remains a warning dialog window when exceeding the input limit in a long edit field .
Once I input more characters in a long edit field than the limit of length specified in the field property, the warning dialog (which says the value for the field was over # characters) remained appearing again and again until the user signed out.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into PIA and go to Benefits, Benefits billing > Make adjustments > Adjust changes
2. Open any record for example, KU0013
3. In the subsequent page, open modal window icon for the field Adjustment description
4. Input more than 250 characters (which number of input limit is specified as the field property.
5. Click Return and it throws an error
6. Click cancel
7. Then open another record and open the modal window
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms