EAP: Voucher Approval History Page (VCHR_APPROVAL_IA) Not Displaying Latest Approval Flow
(Doc ID 2096588.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Accounts Payable Voucher Approval History page (VCHR_APPROVAL_IA) displays the incorrect flow of approvals with Denied or Terminated Actions taken by prior Approvers, even though the Voucher's current Approval Status is Approved. This seems to happen when the original submission of the Voucher gets denied, and later on the transaction gets resubmitted, and subsequently approved.
If the same Voucher ID transaction is opened and reviewed via the monitor Approvals page (EOAW_ADM_MON_ACT), the right approval flow is getting displayed:
- Enterprise Components > Approvals > Approvals > Monitor Approvals
- Log into FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1 in Firefox browser
- Create a brand new Voucher, under Business Unit US001, Vendor ID USA0000005, and a Transaction Amount 2500 USD
- Submitted Voucher for Approval using the delivered 'Approval Framework' (AWE)
- Log into FSCM Online Application as User ID APA1 using an Internet Explorer browser
- Opened the submitted Voucher, entered a Comment, and Deny the transaction
- Proceed to log out
- Log into FSCM Online Application as User ID VP2 using an Internet Explorer browser
- Open the Voucher, and confirmed that the Approval Status is Denied
- Proceed to the Invoice Information tab, and click the Submit button to re-submit the transaction again for approval
- Log out from the Application
- Log into FSCM Online Application as User ID APA2 using an Internet Explorer browser (different than previous approver APA1)
- Open the submitted Voucher, entered a Comment, and Deny once again the transaction
- Log out from the Application in Internet Explorer browser
- Log into FSCM Online Application as User ID APS1
- Go back to the original FireFox browser where User ID VP1 is still logged in
- Open the affected Voucher, and re-submit once again the transaction for approval
- Log into FSCM Online Application as User ID MGR3 using an Internet Explorer browser
- Open the Voucher in question, and proceed to approve it
- At this stage, log into the FSCM Online Application using any Internet Browser (IE, or FF), and any User ID (VP1, VP2, APA1, APA2...)
- Proceed to open the affected Voucher ID, and confirm that at the Summary tab, the Approval Status is showing Approved
- Then click on the Approval History link available
- The Voucher Approval page gets displayed (VCHR_APPROVAL_IA), with the latest AWE steps taken, and all comments showing the previous Deny action, instead of the latest one of Approved
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Approval History delivered Page (VCHR_APPROVAL_IA) should display the most recent Approval Workflow thread, and not prior denied actions. Only when within the Approval History page the User clicks on the View History available link, should the system display prior denied workflows.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document