EAP:USE Tax Calculated On Tax Exempt PO Voucher
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A PO Voucher is created with the Tax Exempt check box checked on the Add page and copied from Sales Tax Applicable PO.
If the Voucher Line and Total Amount is changed after copying the PO into Voucher,Use tax is calculated at time of Voucher Save. The Header Tax Exempt flag is still checked, Sales/Use Tax link on the Voucher Line is not activated but
Use Tax Amount on the header is displayed.
If the amounts are not changed after copying the PO or Copy Worksheet is used to change the amount and then copy the PO, no Use Tax is calculated.
1. Created Amount Only PO US001/PO-4 for Amount = 1000, Sales Tax Application , Sales Tax Code NYC , Tax % = 6 , Sales Amount calculated = 60
2. Dispatched the PO
3. Created Voucher by checking the 'Tax Exempt' check box on the Add page.
4. Copied the entire PO into voucher.
5. Voucher saved without any Tax calculated. (This is correct)
6. Created another Voucher by checking the 'Tax Exempt' check box on the Add page.
7. Copied the entire PO into voucher.
8. Changed the line amount , total amount from 1000 to 100.
9. While saving the voucher received following messages
Message # 1:
Use Tax has been recorded for this Voucher. Supplier Sales/Use Tax default is set to 'None'. (7030,913)
Use Tax has been recorded for this Voucher. Supplier Sales/Use Tax default is set to 'None'.
Message # 2 prompted after clicking 'OK' for above message:
Sales Tax Tolerance levels, 0%-$0, exceeded. Calculated Tax is $6. Use Tax accrued $6. (7030,268)
The system calculated a sales tax amount greater than that entered. Either the invoice has an incorrect sales tax amount or you should check the sales tax applicability on the voucher lines. The system will pay based on the
sales tax entered on the voucher. The additional sales tax will be accrued as Use Tax.
10. Voucher was saved with Tax Exempt checked but have Use tax amount = 6
11. Create a Voucher by checking the 'Tax Exempt' check box on the Add page.
12. Use Copy Worksheet for Copy From Purchase Order Only
13. On the Copy Worksheet search the PO US001/PO-4 and change the Merchandise Amount = 100. Click copy selected lines.
14. Save Voucher
15. No use Tax calculated.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms