Canceling PO With Budget Error Does Not Change Budget Status to Valid Even Though PO Was Never Successfully Budget Checked (PO_HDR.BUDGET_CHECK = ‘N’)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Canceling PO with Budget Error does not change Budget Status to Valid even though PO was never successfully budget checked (PO_HDR.BUDGET_CHECK = ‘N’)
1) Setup a budget for $1,000,000
2) Create a requisition for 4 ea @ $250,000 = $1,000,000 total.
3) Budget check the req. Pre-encumbrance is created for $1,000,000.
4) Source requisition to a purchase order.
5) Increase PO quantity to 5 ea. PO total is $1,250,000.
6) Budget check the PO. Get budget exception (Exceeds Budget Tolerance)
7) Cancel the PO. Budget Status remains "Error".
PO Budget Status should change to "Valid" since the PO has never been successfully budget checked (PO_HDR.BUDGET_CHECK = ‘N’). This causes pre-encumbrance to be stuck because requisition cannot be canceled/closed because PO doesn't have a Valid budget status.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms