When using Copy From Requisition/PO functionality, the System allows to Save the New Requisition/PO with an Inactive Item Category brought from the copied Requisition/PO
(Doc ID 2099788.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 04, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If an Item Category was selected on a Requisition/PO Defaults and then was set to Inactive status at a certain moment, now when a user is creating a new Requisition/PO with Copy From and copies that Requisition/PO having the Inactive Item Category, this Item Category is copied in the new Requisition/PO, on the Requisition/PO Default Fields.
Then the system allow us to save the new created Requisition/PO with an Inactive Item Category, which was brought on the new Requisition/PO lines from its Requisition/PO Defaults.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Chose an Item Category (search in the menu Items > Define Controls > Item Categories) , then create a Requisition and put the Item Category in the Requisition Defaults link.
2. On the Requisition Defaults link you can select either Defaults or Override checkbox.
3. Save the Requisition and write down the Requisition id, example: Requisition id 0000000001.
4. Go to Items > Define Controls > Item Categories and inactivate the Item Category by adding a new line with status Inactive, Save the modification.
5. Go to Purchasing > Requisitions > Add/Update Requisition > Add a New Value > Add
6. Enter on the Copy From link and search the Requisition id 0000000001, click Search, select the line returned by the system and then click OK.
7. Click OK for both warning messages that you will receive.
8. Now you are on the NEW requisition page. On the requisition line, write an item description manually, put manually a quantity and a price, then select the UOM (Each). If you write the UOM and click enter or if you select the UOM by using the magnifying glass, in both cases the system will bring on the Requisition line the Inactive Item Category. This is brought from the link Requisition Defaults where the category was copied from the old Requisition, during the Copy From Requisition functionality.
9. Click Save in order to Save the new Requisition.
10. The system Saves without showing any error or warning related to the Inactive Item Category.
11. The same situation takes place if we create a new PO with Copy from Requisition or Copy From another PO and the Requisition/PO which are copied contains an Inactive Item Category on the link Requisition/PO Defaults. When we save the PO, no message is generated and the system allows us to save.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document