Job Opening Is For More Than One Position, But System Closes Job Opening When the First Employee Is Hired
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an applicant is hired for a job opening that is configured to hire more than one applicant, the job opening closes when one applicant is hired, even though the target number of hires has not been reached. Also, the "Available Openings" count is not decremented as expected.
The system should maintain the job opening in open status until the target number of hires has been reached.
1. Create a Job Opening with Limited, Target Openings > 0; Target Openings in Recruiting Location is the same as for the Job Opening; Available Openings is the same as Target Openings
2. Apply for the opening or link an existing applicant to it.
3. Process an applicant to Ready to Hire Status
4. Go to Manage Hires and Hire the applicant.
5. Return to Job Opening and Observe that
(a) Available Openings will be the same number as Target Openings (it should be one less after hiring someone)
(a) Job Opening is closed.
Due to this issue, recruiters have to re-open the Job Opening and manually update other applicants.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms