EEX 9.1+: Expense Report Calculating The Monetary Amounts Incorrectly When a Hotel Transaction is Itemized and Split For Transactions Made in Currencies Other Than Base Currency
Last updated on JULY 14, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Expense Report calculating the Monetary Amounts incorrectly for transactions made in currencies other than Base currency. For Example if the Base currency of the user is GBP and the transaction is made in USD, the monetary amount calculation is happening incorrectly.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Make sure employee's base currency is GBP
2. Load the Master card flat file with a hotel transaction in USD
3. Use hotel wizard and itemize the hotel transaction - choose hotel room charges for 5 nights and have 100.65 USD as room rate and 40.76 USD as taxes per each night and one more line for misc charges for rest of the amount.
4. Once all the itemized lines are brought back into the expense report, note that the monetary amount is 483.8 GBP .
5. Now split a tax line for amount 40.76 USD into two lines, one for 38.76 USD (tax) and another for 2 dollars(lunch) and click on done.
6. Note that the $38.76 is changed to $40.76 and an error message is displayed that the charges are not in balance, so change it back from $38.76 to $36.76 and click on done.
7. Now again click on split icon for the same line to change the amount from $38.76 to $39.76 and change the lunch line to 1 dollar and try clicking on done and again an error message is popped up that its not balanced out - reason again is that the tax line is updated to $40.76, change it back to $39.76 and click on update and update doesn't update the monetary amount. Click on done and the monetary amount is changed in the expense report from 483.8 GBP to 485.74 GBP
Please see attached document for step by step replication of the issue.
Monetary amount calculations are not done correctly when the hotel transaction made in foreign currency is itemized using hotel wizard and later on split into multiple lines.
Monetary amount calculations must be done correctly.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms