Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Receivables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 9.2 version, AR Update - Posting
Accounting entries for transfer to doubtful are generated using incorrect department.
Department for doubtful account is retrieved from AR distribution code instead of Doubtful distribution code.
Accounting entries for transfer to doubtful should be generated correctly for all chartfields.
All chartfields for doubtful account should be retrieved from Doubtful distribution code.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- AR distribution code is linked to Account 120000 and department 20000.
- Doubtful distribution code is linked to account 121000 and department 55000.
- Transfer distribution code is linked to account 120008.
- AR distribution code, Doubtful distribution code and Transfer distribution code are linked to AR business unit.
- Chartfield inheritance is set to ‘Do Not Inherit’ for Receivables and Billing.
- Create an item for business unit US001 and customer USA06.
- Post item.
- Create a transfer worksheet and click on ‘Build Doubtful’ to build worksheet.
- Select item for transfer to doubtful.
- Change posting action to Batch Standard.
- Run ARUPDATE.
- Accounting entries are correct for Transfer Item From Customer:
- Debit account 120008
- Credit account 120000 and department 20000
- Accounting entries are wrong for Transfer Item To Doubtful Acct.
- Debit account 121000 and department 20000
- Credit account 120008
- Department should be 55000 for account 121000.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, accounting entries are having incorrect department.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms