EGL9.2: DOC_SEQ_DATE is NULL for Reversal Journal Lines If Document Sequencing is Not Enabled
(Doc ID 2103849.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a journal is created for Business Unit for which document sequencing is not enabled, DOC_SEQ_DATE column in PS_JRNL_HEADER gets populated with a document sequencing date for both the regular entry as well as the system generated reversal entry. However DOC_SEQ_DATE column in PS_JRNL_LN is populated as SYSDATE for regular journal lines but for auto generated the reversal lines gets populated as NULL.
Steps to replicate:
1. In Installation Options enable document sequencing & make sure that Enable document sequencing is unchecked for the GL Business Unit.
3. In Ledgers for a Unit: Journal Post options check Automatic Post Reversals
4. Create a journal with reversal option selected as create reversal on a date specified by user for a Business Unit selected in step 1.
5. Edit & post the journal created in above step.
6. Observe the value in DOC_SEQ_DATE column for both regular & auto generated reversal rows in PS_JRNL_HEADER & PS_JRNL_LN
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
DOC_SEQ_DATE column in PS_JRNL_LN for auto generated the reversal lines gets populated as NULL.
DOC_SEQ_DATE column in PS_JRNL_LN for auto generated the reversal lines should be populated as a valid date value as in case of the regular journal lines. This behavior used to happen in PeopleSoft FMS 9.1 as well.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document