Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Billing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : FSCM 9.1 Bundle# - 22
Express Bill Entry Bill Amount is Not in sync with Accounting Entry Amount for Interunit Customer
Difference between Amount on ‘Acctg - Revenue distribution page’ (even with percentage being 100%) and Bill Line Gross Extended Amount.
In certain scenarios, when users perform some complex manual actions on the Invoice – a mismatch occurs between the amount on ‘Bill Line’ and ‘Acctng – Revenue Distribution’ page. This difference is there even though the percentage on ‘Acctng – Revenue Distribution’ page is 100%. We have noticed that such invoices get processed without any error message. This causes breaks later in the accounting process.
Amount should be consistent on bill
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create an Invoice using any commonly used field values
2) Populate fields on Revenue Distribution and Expense Lines
3) After saving the invoice change the Amount on ‘Bill Distribution Revenue’ line to something higher than the amount on invoice line
4) Percentage on the Revenue distribution line will change as you can see from the screenshot in Point 3; now change the amount on BI_Line to a different number
5) Try saving the invoice: You will get this Message Box:
6) Clicking on either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ will bring up this message
7) Go back to Rev Distrib line; here you will see the values depending on the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ button you clicked. Now, change the percentage field from 300 to 100 here.
8) This ‘Recalculate’ message box will pop up
9) If you go back to underlying page, invoice will get saved with percentage amount as 100 % but the Amount on rev line is diff from that of Billing Line
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, invoice would get saved despite discrepancy on bill amount
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms