Name Field In Search Case and Case Page Contains Only Last Name if the Name Format is not set to US format
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM HelpDesk for HR - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Non-US format Worker names are not displayed properly in the Employee name field of Case and Case search pages.
If the Worker name format is for example BELGIUM, the Employee name field in Case only displays the Last Name of the worker, whereas if the Name format is US, the Employee field displays First Name and Last Name.
Additional information and replication steps:
1) Search for a worker record where the Name Format is non-US, in this case its Belgium. Navigate to Workforce ¿ Search worker and search for Last Name ¿Baert¿
2) Click on the More Name link in the Person information and click the Edit button. Take note that the name Forma is BEL for Belgium.
3) Navigate next to HRHD Search Case and click on the Employee Lookup, search for Last Name "Baert".
4) The lookup will return to the HRHD Case search screen, notice that only the Last name is Displayed.
5) Create a new Case by clicking Add Case button and filling up the Last name with "Baert"
6) Notice that the Employee name only reflects the last name.
Run the same test with another Worker where the Name format is US and notice that the Employee field is of proper name format
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms