EAM: Depreciation Will Not Process Assets That Were Unitized Or Consolidated
(Doc ID 2106947.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The new field AM_CAP_STATUS_SW has been added to records INTFC_FIN and BOOK. The field AM_CAP_STATUS defaults to 'Y' and is set to 'Y' when assets are interfaced from AP using App Engine AMPS1000. If assets are loaded from the interface tables without unitizing or consolidating they process as expected. But if assets are unitized or consolidated, the CALC_DEPR_STATUS = 'N' (Never) and CALC_DIST_STATUS = 'R' (Reconcile). This is because the field AM_CAP_STATUS_SW is set to blank in table INTFC_FIN for the new rows created by the unitization and consolidation processes. Code within the interface App Engine AMIF1000 uses field AM_CAP_STATUS_SW to set the value of fields CALC_DEPR_STATUS and CALC_DIST_STATUS. Because the field CALC_DEPR_STATUS is set to 'N' (Never), the depreciation process does not pick up the asset for processing and because field CALC_DIST_STATUS is set to 'R' (Reconcile) no accounting lines are created for the asset. On the depreciation run control page, the asset_id cannot be entered due to the CALC_DEPR_STATUS. On the create accounting entry run control page, the asset_id cannot be entered due to the CALC_DIST_STATUS.
Other fields that were not propagated are:
The calc_depr_status should have been set to 'P' for pending for all books. The calc_dist_status should have been set to 'P' for the accounting entry generating book and 'N' for the TAX books. The calc_rept_status should have been set to 'P' for all books.
This issue can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1. Interface multiple assets from AP
2. Pick one asset and unitize it
3. check table PS_INTFC_FIN field AM_CAP_STATUS_SW you should see the original interface line has a 'Y' the new unitized lines have ' '
4. pick a couple lines and consolidate them
5. check table PS_INTFC_FIN field AM_CAP_STATUS_SW you should see the original interface lines has a 'Y' the new consolidated lines have ' '
6. run program AMPS1000 to load the assets
7. try to run depreciation AM_DEPR_CALC you cannot choose the asset IDs for the assets which were unitized or consolidated in the run control page;
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document