EAP: FS_DOC_TOL Getting Stuck When Processing $0 Vouchers
Last updated on MARCH 18, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Users are running into an issue every pay period with large payroll vouchers. With the payroll vouchers, after the vouchers are built, users add a row (normally a negative amount) that will zero out the voucher. This is only done on vouchers that are to internal departments or HCM Suppliers that only get paid once quarterly/yearly. The account string used is a cash account and an agency funding source. The whole purpose of this is to eliminate the campuses having to cut themselves a check and bringing it to the department for them to deposit it. The line that gets added will essentially move the funds to the appropriate funding source once the voucher is processed in the pay cycle (zero dollar checks are suppressed).
The issue is some of these payroll vouchers have 1,500+ lines, so the only way to edit the voucher is through Voucher Maintenance--Regular Entry times out when trying to bring up the voucher. After making the adjustment and zeroing out the Gross Amount and Payment Amount, users can build the voucher (FS_STREAMLN) and budget check (FS_BP) the voucher with no issues; however, when Document Tolerance (FS_DOC_TOL) is ran via batch processes, the process itself goes to Success and Posted, but when users bring up the voucher again, you receive the following error:
"This Voucher is currently in use by a Payables batch process. (7030,236)
This voucher is currently in use by a Payables batch process and needs to be completely processed before any modifications can be made on this voucher. Thus, this voucher is for display only now."
This doesn't happen when vouchers can be edited in Regular Entry, because the DOC_TOL_HDR_STATUS is set to 'V' once you press Save.
In order to proceed, users have to SQL update IN_PROCESS_FLG = 'N' and DOC_TOL_HDR_STATUS = 'V'.
1. Bring up a voucher in Voucher Maintenance (take note of the Gross Amt)
2. Go to the Invoice Lines tab, view all Invoice Lines, add a new row
a. Enter negative Extended Amounts so that the voucher will have a $0 Gross Amount
3. Go to the Invoice Header tab and zero out the Gross Amt.
4. Go to the Scheduled Payments tab, view all scheduled payments, go to the Payment Details tab and zero out the Gross Amount.
6. From the Action dropdown menu, select Voucher Build to kick off FS_STREAMLN and click Run
7. Run batch budget check on the voucher
8. Run batch document tolerance on the voucher
9. Try bringing the voucher back up in Voucher Maintenance or Regular Entry, and the error is received.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms