ESFO 9.2: Sub Event Status Field In Mass Update Page (FO_RF_MASS) Not Displaying Stored Values
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Staffing Front Office - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Some deficiencies have been detected into the delivered Mass Update Candidates page (FO_RF_MASS):
- Issue #1: While the list of Events, and Sub Events within, can be as large as desired, there is just one single Notes field available at the Header level to follow up on the progress of the tasks ahead. This is insufficient to store all audit, and details needed for each single step to be taken. Instead, it is necessary to have a Notes field available for each line.
- Issue #2: Once selected a value from the Sub Event Status column, and saved the changes, if the user re-enters the Mass Update page, all values are blank again, which confuses Users into having to re-select the values again.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Navigate to: Staffing > Orders and Assignments > Add/Update Orders
- Open existing Order ID 0000000039 under PC Business Unit US004, and Branch ID CA001
- At the Order tab, note that the Event List is NURSE
- At the PeopleMatch tab, check that there is at least one Employee among the Selected Candidates section
- Navigate to: Staffing > Recruiting Funnel > Recruiting Funnel Summaries
- Open Staffing Order ID 0000000039
- Select Resource Request Line #1
- Click on the EVENT SUMMARY button
- On the new Candidate Summary tab displayed, select one of the listed Candidates
- Click on the MASS UPDATE CANDIDATES button
- The system displays the Mass Update page (FO_RF_MASS), with the list of Events and Sub-Events
- ISSUE #1: There is only one single NOTES box available at the Header level, while it would be necessary to have NOTES at the Sub-Event level
- Set the Sub Event Status field to COMPLETED by selecting the value from the available drop down list for Events 1 and 2
- Click OK on Warning Message (18071,1508), as it will automatically populate all Sub-Events from Event 2
- Proceed to SAVE the changes
- Once back into the Candidate Summary main page, confirm that Events 1, and 2 have the check-mark icon from Completed on the selected Candidate
- Select once again the same Candidate, and click on the MASS UPDATE CANDIDATES button
- ISSUE #2: Back at the Mass Update page (FO_RF_MASS), the Sub-Event Status column is again blank for all lines, even those where a value was selected, and successfully saved
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
The Mass Update delivered page (FO_RF_MASS) does not contain enough Notes space for the detail needed on each Event or Sub-Event. A header level Notes is insufficient. Additionally, the Sub Event Status column is displaying in blank even though there may be values previously selected, and that confuses the User, who just saw Completed values in the prior page, but blank values now.
The fact that the company can set a large list of Events, and Sub Events within each of them, requires a larger Notes field, and even better a Notes field at the line level, so enough detail can be stored in the system, explaining the reasons and progress of the task at hand. Furthermore, the Sub Event Status column values should be kept, and displayed accordingly at all times, (blank if no choice has yet been selected, and the proper value if one has been defined previously).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms