Requisition Change Request Stays in 'In Process' Status after Contract Price Can Change is Updated
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The scenario includes:
A contract is created as Open Item and Price Can be Changed = No.
An eProcurement requisition is created referencing the contract.
Then source the requisition to a Purchase Order.
When a price increase is entered on the eProcurement requisition and the change request is processed, the eProcurement change request status is updated to Error with Price Cannot Change message. This is expected.
The User updates the Contract setting the Price can be changed = Yes. Then re-runs the Change Order process. This goes to Success.
In eProcurement, Manage Requisitions, the Change request status = In Process.
The transaction cannot be processed any further because is stuck.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Contract defined as Open Item and Price Can Change is not
2. Checked. Vendor = AAA
3. Create epro requisition for Vendor = AAA. Reference the Contract.
4. AutoSource to a purchase order. Dispatch
5. Manage requisitions > Edit req, increase price.
6. Approve Change Request if necessary
7. Run Process Change Request. Process goes to Success.
8. Review epro requisition, change request status = Error ‘Price Cannot Change’
9. Display the Contract. Set status to Open. Check the ‘Price Can Change’ option.
10. Save the Contract. Set status to Approved, Save.
11. Run the Process Change Request again.
12. Review eProcurement requisition, change request status = In Process.
13. At this point, the transaction is stuck and cannot move forward.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms