Requisition Change Request Stays in 'In Process' Status after Contract Price Can Change is Updated
(Doc ID 2109583.1)
Last updated on MAY 22, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The scenario includes:
A contract is created as Open Item and Price Can be Changed = No.
An eProcurement requisition is created referencing the contract.
Then source the requisition to a Purchase Order.
When a price increase is entered on the eProcurement requisition and the change request is processed, the eProcurement change request status is updated to Error with Price Cannot Change message. This is expected.
The User updates the Contract setting the Price can be changed = Yes. Then re-runs the Change Order process. This goes to Success.
In eProcurement, Manage Requisitions, the Change request status = In Process.
The transaction cannot be processed any further because is stuck.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new Contract defined as Open Item and Price Can Change is not
Navigation Procurement Contracts > Add/Update Contracts
2. Checked Vendor = <Vendor>
Add Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update > Supplier
3. Create eProcurement requisition for Vendor = <Vendor>. Reference the Contract.
Navigation eProcurement > Requisition
4. AutoSource to a purchase order. Dispatch
Navigation Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Stage/Source Requisitions > PO Auto Sourcing
5. Manage requisitions > Edit requisition, increase price.
Navigation eProcurement > Manage Requisitions
6. Approve Change Request if necessary
Navigation Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Manage Change Orders > Approve Change Requests
7. Run Process Change Request. Process goes to Success.
Navigation Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Manage Change Orders > Process Change Orders
8. Review requisition, change request status = Error ‘Price Cannot Change’
Navigation Purchasing > Purchase Orders > Manage Change Orders > Review PO Change Orders
9. Display the Contract as per above navigation. Set status to Open. Check the ‘Price Can Change’ option.
10. Save the Contract. Set status to Approved, Save.
11. Run the Process Change Request again.
12. Review requisition, change request status = In Process.
13. At this point, the transaction is stuck and cannot move forward.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document