EEX 9.2: Expense Line Is Not Flagged In Error When PC Chartfields Are Left Blank While Creating An Expense Report
Last updated on JANUARY 01, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Submit an Expense Report with a missing Project Costing ChartField, system throws an error but the Expense Line is not marked with a red flag.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Set Up Financials/Supply Chain Business Unit Related Project Costing Project Costing Options and open setup for BU = US001
2. Mark Business Unit, Project, Activity, Source Type and Category as Required under Input Control group
3. Go to Employee Self-Service > Travel and Expenses > Expense Reports > Create/Modify and create an Expense Report
4. Enter all the values and modify the accounting details.
5. Enter valid values in PC Business Unit, Project, Activity and Source Type field
6. Leave the Category field blank
7. Try to submit the Expense Report
Resource Category is Required (9000,231)
The Business Unit Options for this Projects Business Unit requires that Resource Category is input.
But the System doesn't highlight the field or expense line in error
The field or line due to which the Expense Report is not getting submitted should be highlighted in red.
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms