EAM: When Add Online an Asset the Accounting Period is Changed to First GL Open Date but when Add the Asset through Voucher it Doesn't Behave the Same
(Doc ID 2113842.1)
Last updated on APRIL 02, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.1 to 9.1 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
AM has inconsistent behavior when the accounting period is open in AM but closed in GL:
1. When the asset is sent from AP, the acctg period is kept although the AM period is open
2. When added online, the accounting date is changed to the first GL open date
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Period 4 is open for AM and AP
Period 4 is closed in GL
1. Create a voucher with accounting date 1st of April
2. Send the voucher to AM
3 Check Intfc pre AM: Acctg date: 1st of April
4. Check Intfc Fin: Acctg date: 1st of April
5. Check the asset : Asset created with accounting date 4/01/2015 (period closed in AM but open in GL)
6. Add one asset online - Select the same dates and save
7. Error message - click ok
8. Check the accounting date: the accounting date is changed to Acctg date: 1st of May(the 1st open date from GL)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document