E-PIA: Lookup Prompt Page Does Not Close If a Validation Message (MessageBox) Is Displayed
(Doc ID 2113955.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Replicated on PeopleTools 8.54 (above patch 10) and 8.55.
MessageBox or WinMessage with style parameter 4 is used in FieldChange PeopleCode for a field that has a prompt. The message box with Yes, No parameters appears on the page correctly, but after clicking on Yes or No options of the message dialog, the page keeps spinning and not going further.
After the message triggers, the lookup window will remain on the page and will not be responsive. Even after dismissing it, the popup will remain in the page when the user tries to open another lookup.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Log into PeopleSoft FSCM.
2) Navigate to Billing, Manage Billing Worksheet, Update Billing Worksheet
3) Search for worksheet headers under business unit US001 - 4 worksheets should be listed
4) Select worksheet TMP-00000013 and drill into it
5) Click on Bill Header link
6) Click on Address link to view invoice address information
7) Click the spyglass lookup for the Attention To field and select contact 1 Paula Smith
8) Modal window pops up with the message "Changing this field may change auto defaults based on Contact. Do you still want to change? (12500,374)"
9) Click OK button
10) Click the spyglass lookup for Location
11) Two modal windows appear - the Attention To lookup in one window and then
the Location lookup in the second window.
12) From this point on, any other lookup that is attempted will show the double modal window, with the Attention To always as 1st window and then whatever the 'real' lookup should be as the 2nd window
Addiitonal scenarios found:
A) In FSCM, this was also replicated under Main Menu->Grants->Proposals->Maintain Proposal , Under Projects tab. Select value from Department Prompt. A message is shown, then the issue re-occurs.
B) Also in FSCM with these steps:
Navigation: Purchasing > Purchase Order > Add/Update Express POs
1)Select Supplier on PO
3)Click on the magnify glass on other fields (eg. Category). The ‘Look Up Buyer’ list gets popped up at the back of the selected search list.
4)Same happens to Requestor lookup on a Requisition – doesn’t happen if you enter the Buyer/Requestor or have a default Buyer/Requestor and don’t change it using the lookup
1. Navigate to Billing / Maintain Bills / Standard Billing and open an invoice;
2. Go to Header-Info 1 tab and clock on Type lookup;
3. Select a different Bill Type Identifier form the Look Up Type list;
4. Clock ok at the Message "Changing Bill Type will change any auto defaults based on Bill Type, Do you still want to change? (12500,170)";
5. Click on look up Customer and Look Up Customer list is displayed and also the Look Up Type window back to the Look Up Customer list.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document