When An Applicant Copies and Pastes a Resume into the Careers-Upload Resume Page, the Resume Appears to Recruiters as Jumbled Text with HTML Tags and No Formatting.
Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a formatted resume is copied and pasted into the Upload Resume Page by an applicant, the data, it is displayed to the recruiter as plain text without any formatting and with HTML tags.
The recruiter should be able to see the resume as formatted.
1. Navigate to Careers page, register or log in, apply for a job opening.
2. On the Resume page, select the option to copy and paste a resume.
3. Copy a formatted resume (e.g., a resume already in RTF format) and then paste it into the Resume Text field.
4. Note that the resume appears to be formatted as the original was.
5. Log in as a recruiter and go to any page that displays a link to the resume.
6. Click on the resume link and see that the resume is displayed as plain text with HTML tags, and no formatting.
Due to this issue, it is nearly impossible for recruiters to review and assess the qualifications of applicants.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms