EGL9.2: SJE(Standard Journal Entry) Spread Across Periods Does Not Fully Distribute Complete Model Journal Amount.
Last updated on APRIL 26, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SJE Spread Across Periods does not fully distribute model journal amount.
SJE Spread Across Periods should fully distribute model journal amount.
Steps to Replicate:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to General Ledger > Journals > Journal Entry > Create/Update Journal Entries and create a model journal for 20000 USD. Make sure to set SJE Type to 'Model – Do Not Post'.
- Edit journal online and Journal Status will change to 'M'.
- Navigate to General Ledger > Journals > Standard Journals > Define Standard Journals and define a standard journal. Make sure SJE Type = Spread Across Periods. Define From Year/Period and To Year/Period, spread across 11 periods.
- Navigate to General Ledger > Journals > Standard Journals > Create Standard Journals and run GL_SJE process.
- 20 000 USD (line amounts in the model journal) divided by 11 periods = 1818,18 (rounded to 2 decimals), so each standard journal created has 1818,18 in its lines. But 1818,18 multiplied by 11 = 19999,98 (not 20000), so there is a 0,02 missing in the last standard journal created.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms