Last updated on OCTOBER 26, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update a contract for a new hire or Contingent Worker using Template Based Hire (TBH)/ Smart Template, the following error occurs:
Cannot change current or history records unless in Correction mode. (15,1)
You have attempted to change a record that is effective dated, and the record contains an effective date that makes it either the current record or a historical record.
Either use the Add (+) button to create a new record with a future effective date or change your mode to Correction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate: Setup HCM > Product Related > Workforce Administration > Smart HR Template > Copy Template
2. Select Template "KUEMP_ADMIN_FIN"
3. Rename to GCS Template Name
3. Add JOB_INFO_CONTRACT to Template
4. Save Template - Make "Active"
5. Navigate: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Smart HR Template > Smart HR Transactions
6. Add New Employee or Contingent Worker Instance w/ Action = Hire, Reason = First Assignment, Job EFFDT = Today
7. Populate Personal & Job Information in Template
8. Save & Submit
9. Person ID Created
10. Click Go To "Update Contracts" Hyperlink
11. Routed to Update Contract Page
12. Enter EMPLID & New Contract Number
13. Populate Contract Status & Contract Dates
14. Attempt to Enter "Contract Type"
15. Error Generated
16. NOTE: If user completes the addition of Contract Info via Standard Navigation the Error is Generated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms