E-AD: Merge Project Screen Allows Merging of Data Migration WorkBench Projects, Makes Merged Project Not Accessible in App Designer
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.54 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If users merge a normal project with a Data Migration Workbench project in App Designer:
- a blank definition type is getting inserted in to the project
- the merged project is no longer accessible after saving in App Designer.
1. Created project "GCS_TEST_DMW_PROJ" under PeopleTools, Lifecycle Tools, Migrate Data, Data Migration Workbench. Just add any data set.
2. Logged in to App Designer
3. Created a new project "GCS_TEST_PROJ" and inserted a single definition (e.g. PSOPRDEFN), Save.
4. File > Merge Projects
5. Search for "GCS_TEST_DMW_PROJ"
6. Click "Insert"
7. Save project
8. At this point, notice in the Upgrade tab, there is a "blank" definition
9. Close project.
10. Try to re-open project "GCS_TEST_PROJ"
11. The project cannot be found
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms