Linear Script Action Sets Not Being Executed when an Answer is Selected
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CRM Support - Version 9.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When there is a Branch Script with Script Category of Linear Script, having at least one question and a Yes/No answer. When an Action Set is defined for the
answer Yes or No to either open existing solution # or execute custom peoplecode, this action set is not getting executed at runtime (after
selecting the answer and click Next button). Instead, the Action Set is executed on click of Update Answer button only.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Logon to CRM 9.1 as VP1
2. Create New Script under CRM02 setid
Navigation: Main Menu > Setup CRM > Common Definitions > Process Automation >
3. Make sure Script Category = Linear Script
4. Fill in the required fields, associate at least one question with Yes/No
answer. Link an Action Set to answer Yes or No to transfer/open existing
Solution Id or execute custom peoplecode.
5. Click Save.
6. Open existing HelpDesk case and go to Related Actions tab
7. On Related Actions dropdown, select Branch Script and hit Go
8. Click Use Branch Script button
9. Select Yes and click Next - this updates the Answers section on the left
but did not open the solution or execute action set defined.
10. Select No and click Update Answer, executes Action Set or opens the
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms