Inactive Buyer Can Be Copied In A New Requisition From Line Shipping
Last updated on MARCH 31, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A user creates a requisition from EProcurement > Manage Requisition and selects the 'Copy Requisition' option from the drop down and copies the requisition. In this instance, it is a mult-line requisition and user selects the first line and clicks the 'Modifiy Line / Shipping / Accouting' button. That brings you to the 'Modifiy Line / Shipping / Accounting' page. When the blue hyperlink Load Values from Default is clicked --> from what table(S) do these 'default' values come from? Specifically I would like to know where the BUYER_ID comes from but also all the tables this information is retrieved from.
We are having issues when a user copies an old requisition to a new requisition and loads the ‘default values’. When the values are loaded in, one of the values copied in is the BUY_ID. However, that particular BUYER_ID copied in is Inactive and loads that value and allows user to click the ‘Apply’ button and then go on the ‘Check Budget’ thus saving the requisition but saving it with an Inactive buyer. This causes many issues as the buyer uses his own userid to see what requisitions are to be turned into a Purchase Order and these requisitions go unnoticed.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a new ePro requisition with buyer: POS1
2. Save and submit the requisition and inactive that buyer.
3. Copy that requisition to another one, system will generate a message that the buyer is inactive and will be blank on the new req which is expected.
4. Now press on Modify line shipping then load values from default.
5. Notice that the inactive buyer will be defaulted to the requisition and you can save and submit it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms