Search and Compare Profiles Returns No Results even though User's Security Permission List Allows Access to Matching Employees
(Doc ID 2126817.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the Search and Compare Profiles Functionality (Find People that fit this Job), the system does not return any results, even though the user has been granted appropriate security to access the people whose skills match the job profile.
- Create a Permission List containing special characters (for example: underscore, "_");
- Assign this Permission List to a user as Row Level Security in User Profiles - or - assign this Permission List to any role associated with the User Profile.
- Use either Security by Department Tree, or Security by Permission List to assign business entities for this Permission List.
- Deploy and crawl JPM Profile-related SES indexes.
- Attempt to search on the Search and Compare Profiles page (for example: Find People Who Fit This Job). No results will be returned.
- Change permission list in User Profiles to a list with no special characters.
- Search on the Search and Compare Profiles page. Results are returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document