E-Fluid: "Built-in Function DoSaveNow Cannot Be Called From RowInit PeopleCode" Error On Tile Wizard
Last updated on AUGUST 15, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 to 8.55 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating navigation collections and Tiles using Tile Wizard and then going to the homepage without saving, if user returns to tile wizard they get peoplecode errors.
"Built-in function DoSaveNow cannot be called from RowInit PeopleCode.
PTGPLT_WIZARD_NUI.GBL.PTPPB_GROUPLET.RowInit PCPC:623 Statement:7
The specified built-in function has restrictions on what types of PeopleCode programs it may be used in. It has been used in a program that violates these restrictions.
Review and rework the PeopleCode to remove the violation."
When user clicks OK then they get:
"Error in PeopleCode ScrollSelect processing.
PT_GROUPBUILDER_FL.Activate PCPC:251 Statement:5
A SQL error occurred during processing of the PeopleCode ScrollSelect (or ScrollSelectNew, RowScrollSelect, RowScrollSelectNew) built-in function.
This error may have been described by a preceding message.
Examine the error messages and the PeopleCode program containing the ScrollSelect call to determine the cause of the error."
Steps to Replicate:
1. Create a Navigation Collectiion Tile using Tile Wizard and Publish to Homepage.
2. Go Back to Tile Wizard and make changes to the Navigation Collection and save but do not Publish .
3. Go back to Homepage and Tile works Normally.
4. Go back to Tile wizard and try to edit the Navigation Collection
5. Now it gives the above mentioned Peoplecode errors with no way to recover.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms