Last updated on APRIL 25, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to use Template Based Hires (TBH) to Rehire an Employee a SQL Error is Generated & 2 Benefit Program Participation Rows are Added,
the following error occurs.
A SQL error has occurred. Please consult your system log for details.
SQL error in Exec. (2,280) FUNCLIB_BEN.BENEFIT_PROGRAM.FieldFormula
Name:WriteBPPScroll PCPC: 11071 Statement:48
Called from JOB_DATA.GBL.SavePostChange Statement:3
During the execution of SQL, an error occurred in the Exec subroutine. The preceding message should have described the SQL being executed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Main Menu > Workforce Administration > Personal Information > Manage Hires
2. Select Employee for Rehire (EMPLID = KU0091)
3. In Manage Hire Details Screen Select the following:
Radio Button for "Use Existing Org Instance" Instance Number = 0
Radio Button "Use Existing Assignment" Empl Record: 0 Action = Rehire
4. Click "Add Job" Button
5. The following screen is displayed - Click "OK" (Error Does Not Occur When This Page is NOT Displayed)
The Current Job row values for Compensation Frequency, Standard Hours and Work Period are Defaulted from Salary Plan Table. Do you want to update with the following data from the Job Code Table?
6. Click "Benefit Program Participation" Link
7. Notice there are 2 Effective Dated Matching Benefit Program Participation Rows
8. Error #1 Generated
9. Error #2 Generated
10. Click "Apply" Button - Error #2 Generated Again
NOTE: This occurs when Rehire of Past Dated Employee Into EMPL_RCD = 0. If a new EMPL_RCD is created for the Rehire there is no error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms