Last updated on APRIL 22, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Project Costing - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Project Costing Variance Pricing process PC_VAR_PRICE inherites the GL_DISTRIB_STATUS from the source row in the PROJ_RESOURCE table. As a result, if the source row has already been distributed to GL, then the new target row is created with a GL_DISTRIB_STATUS status of G and therefore cannot be distributed GL itself.
Variance Pricing should create target rows with a GL_DISTRIB_STATUS that allows them to be posted to the GL by revenue recognition.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a rate plan with two rate sets. The first will create BIL rows from incoming ACT rows using a rate multiplier. The second rate set will create REV rows using a rate multiplier of 1 and the BIL rows generated by the first rate set.
- Create a project and activity.
- Create a rate based contract line and attach it to the above project/activity and rate plan
- Add a ACT transaction to the project. Pricing should then generate BIL and REV rows in PROJ_RESOURCE with same amounts as the ACT row.
- Run As-Incurred revenue recognition for the project.
- Change the RATE MULTIPLIER on the first rate set (ACT -->BIL rate set) to 2 using correction mode and make sure the variance check box is checked on source page
- Run variance pricing and you should have two rows to review and approve, one BIL and one REV
- Check the GL_DISTRIB_STATUS on the new REV row in PROJ_RESOURCE it is set to G. It should be C or else the new row will never be posted to GL.
Due to this issue, users will not be able to recognize revenue for project transactions created by variance pricing.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms