Update Incumbent Message Displayed After Making Changes to Position Data are Incorrect
(Doc ID 2131726.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 23, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When saving future dated rows in Position Data messages are displayed containing incorrect information. However, the Update Incumbent CI is inserting a new row to the incumbent's Job record with the same effective date while the message shows the following error:
Position record is in the future. No employment updates will be made. (1000,178)
Future position data records are not used to update an incumbent's employment record. You may need to update employment manually once this position change becomes effective.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Set Up HCM > Product Related > Organizational Development > Position Data
1. Navigate to Main Menu > Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Position/Budgets > Position Data
2. Select Position 10000091 and create a new row
3. Change Effective Date to 07/01/2016 and Title to Dir Center Teaching Excellence
4. Click Save
5. Notice the Message window that appears with shows the above mentioned error
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document