EGL9.2: Year End Close Process (GL_YC) Does Not Carry Forwarding Asset, Liabilities And Equity Balances for Accounts that Don't have an Alternate Account Mapping
(Doc ID 2133487.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 25, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When alternate account is enabled at installation level, Year End Close App Engine process GL_YC is processing incorrectly. Accounts that are not mapped
against any alternate account are not taken into processing and GL_YC is not carry forwarding corresponding Asset, liabilities and equity account balances to next year period 0 as beginning balances.
Steps to Replicate:
1. Enable Alternate account at installation level and enable it at Ledger for a unit level for a Business unit.
2. Set up a YE closing rule(Select option to create Journals) and also create a YE closing process group including this rule.
3. Enter & post a journal with asset, liability and equity accounts that are not mapped to any alternate accounts.
4. Run the Closing trail balance report before running GL closing process.
5. Attempt to run YE closing by using GL_YC process.
6. Check the YE close journal and verify the YE close result by running the Closing trail balance report once again.
7. Perform YE close undo and check the results by running closing trial balance report.
8. Attempt to run YE closing by using GLPCLOSE process.
9. Check the YE close journal and verify the YE close result by running the Closing trail balance report once again.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document