EGL9.2: Year End Close Process(GL_YC) Does Not Carry Forwarding Asset, Liabilities And Equity Balances for Accounts that Don't have an Alternate Account Mapping
(Doc ID 2133487.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When alternate account is enabled at installation level, Year End Close App Engine process GL_YC is processing incorrectly. Accounts that are not mapped
against any alternate account are not taken into processing & GL_YC is not carry forwarding corresponding Asset, liabilities and equity account balances to next year period 0 as beginning balances.
Steps to replicate:
1. Enable Alternate account at installation level & enable it at Ledger for a unit level for a Business unit.
2. Set up a YE closing rule(Select option to create Journals) & also create a YE closing process group including this rule.
3. Enter & post a journal with asset, liability & equity accounts that are not mapped to any alternate accounts.
4. Run the Closing trail balance report before running GL closing process.
5. Attempt to run YE closing by using GL_YC process.
6. Check the YE close journal & verify the YE close result by running the Closing trail balance report once again.
7. Perform YE close undo & check the results by running closing trial balance report.
8. Attempt to run YE closing by using GLPCLOSE process.
9. Check the YE close journal & verify the YE close result by running the Closing trail balance report once again.
Please see Replication screenshots for more details.
Closing process posted an unbalanced journal for period 0. Accounts that do not have an alternate account mapping didn’t get processed.
Closing process should not create & post an unbalanced journal. Accounts that doesn't have an alternate account should not be skipped by the YE close process.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document