Disburse Aid Page 'Disbursement' Button Logs User Out of Application, with Message 'An error has occurred.' and Link to 'Sign in to Peoplesoft'
(Doc ID 2133632.1)
Last updated on JULY 25, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Financial Aid - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On the Disburse Aid or Disburse Aid with Override components, clicking the 'Disbursement' button results in the user being logged out of the system. The user is re-directed to a page resembling the login page, showing the message 'An error has occurred.' and providing a link to 'Sign in to Peoplesoft'.
The application server log (APPSRV.log) may show the following message at the time the logout event occurred:
In these cases, the disbursement still completes normally, which can be verified by logging back into the same page, or reviewing other activity such as on the Student Account, to verify the aid posted.
The issue usually only occurs in a certain subset of situations, and not in every case (or even most cases). For example, one reported case noted that the issue appeared unique to only Direct Loan item types, while other item types, like Pell, did not have the issue.
The issue when it was first originally being reported also only occurred using the 'View All' display mode on the component, and did not occur in the 'View 2' display mode. However, the most recent reported case mentioned the issue occurring with both modes, so the display mode distinction may no longer be relevant, or not always.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Financial Aid > Disbursement > Disburse Aid > Disburse Aid.
- Select emplid, aid year, and term where more than 2 rows will display on the page.
- Click 'View All' link to display all rows on the same page.
- Click 'Authorization' button, to authorize one of the item types and activate the 'Disbursement' button (if the button is not already active on at least one row).
- Click 'Disbursement' button and note the result of being re-directed to a login-type page showing the message 'An error has occurred.' and a link to 'Sign in to Peoplesoft'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document