Error(s) Saving a Services Procurement (sPro) Requisition (Req) Copied From Another sPro Req Which Has Header and Approval Justification Comments, Page data is inconsistent with database. (18,1) or Changes conflict with another data item. (18,5) or Data b
(Doc ID 2134180.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Services Procurement - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Errors saving copied requisition from a requisition that has header and justification comments.
Page data is inconsistent with database. (18,1)
When trying to save your page data, the system found that the information currently in the database did not match what was expected.
This problem can happen if another user has changed the same information while you were making your changes. Note the changes you have made, then cancel the page. Reload the page and view any changes made by the other user. Ensure your changes are compatible and retry, if appropriate.
If the problem persists, it may be a result of an application or other programming error and should be reported to technical support staff.
Possible application errors that can cause this message include:
- changing page data from SavePostChange PeopleCode, without making a corresponding change to the database.
- changing the database via SqlExec at various points, for data that is also in the component buffers.
- database auto-update fields maintained by triggers didn't get defined correctly in Record Field definition or in Record Properties definition.
Changes conflict with another data item. (18,5)
When trying to save your changes, the system found a conflict with other information in the database.
This problem may be because of changes made simultaneously by another user. Make a note of the changes you have made, then cancel the page. Reload the page and look for changes. Ensure that your changes are still appropriate, then retry them.
If the problem persists, it may be due to an application programming error and should be reported to technical support staff.
This message occurs when a key is changed on an existing record, and the new set of key values conflicts with an existing record. The application should ensure that any changes to keys result in a unique record.
Data being added conflicts with existing data. (18,2)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in as VP1.
2. Enter an sPro req, add header comments and approval justification and submit it.
3. From Manage Requisition page, copy that req into a new req.
4. Without making any changes, checkout and 'Save for Later'.
5. Click the line description to edit it.
6. Make any kind of edit-- we are changing the end date.
8. Save for Later.
9. The error appears.
(see attached for details replication steps)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document