Applicants Receiving Interview Schedule Notifications Even When 'Notify Applicant' Option Is Not Selected
Last updated on MARCH 09, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Talent Acquisition Manager - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Issue : Applicants receive interview schedule related notifications even if the “Notify Applicant” option on the interview schedule page is not selected.
This issue happens when the “Response” column in the “Interviewers” grid is set to the status “Accepted”, either while creating a new schedule or updating an existing schedule.
STEPS TO REPLICATE ISSUE
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Recruiting Installation settings for “Calendar Integration” set to “Partial Integration”
2. Create a new test applicant and provide a valid contact email address
3. On the ‘Manage Applicant’ page navigate to ‘Interview Schedule/Evaluation tab’ and click on “Create Interview” to create a new interview schedule.
4. Provide a valid start and end time. Ensure “Notify Applicant” is un-selected and note the default values of Applicant and Interviewer response fields is set to “None”
5. Submit the interview schedule and notice interview has been scheduled successfully.
Test 1 Check the email used for the applicant to verify if notification is received for the interview schedule created in previous step.
Result Pass – No notification is received
6. Now edit the interview schedule created in the previous step and set the “Response” column in the “Interviewers” grid to the status “Accepted”. Ensure that “Notify Applicant” option is not selected and submit the schedule.
Test 2 Check the email used for the applicant to verify if notification is received for the interview schedule updated in previous step.
Result FAIL – Applicant has received 2 email notifications. One with the interview details and another with ‘.ics’ calendar attachment.
Applicant shouldn’t have received email notification of the interview schedule when “Notify Applicant” option is not Selected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms