EEX 9.2: Error Message (13100,269) Incorrectly Preventing Users From Submitting Expense Report With Project Costing Field Values
Last updated on OCTOBER 10, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Expenses - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Expenses Approval Workflow prevents the Employee from successfully submitting an Expense Report by throwing an Error Message that is not giving the User enough information as to what may need to be corrected, as it makes reference to the Business Unit ChartField having changed, which is not correct.
This happens if the Employee still has at the Expenses Profile level a Project ID ChartField value that has already been Inactivated/Closed, but not yet corrected at the User Defaults tab. Because of that, upon creating a brand new Expense Report for the affected Employee, the system defaults the incorrect Project ID value into the Expense Line Accounting Distribution details, and when trying to submit, an initial Error Message clearly states to the User that Distribution Line data is invalid, and needs correction.
However, once the above step is done, and all seems fine, should the User try to submit the Expense Report for approval once again, the system throws a new Error Message (13100,269), but this one is not explicit enough as to where the incorrect data needs to be modified, which confuses Users, and prevents the transactions from being saved, or submitted.
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID VP1
- Create two brand new Project IDs under PC Business Unit US001
- Create its respective Activities on both Projects
- Add a Project Manager, and an additional Employee as Resources for the Teams on both Project IDs
- At the Expenses Profile for Employee ID KU0021, set in the User Defaults tab the PC Business Unit US001, and one of the Project IDs defined
- Proceed to modify the Project Status of the Project ID defined at the Expenses Profile level, so that it is Inactive/Closed
- Log into the FSCM Online Application as User ID EXA1
- Create a brand new Expense Report for the Employee ID KU0021, noting that for the new Transaction Line, the Accounting Details are defaulting to the PC Business Unit, and Inactive Project ID
- Continue by trying to submit the Expense Report, which fails, by placing the User back into the Expense Report Entry page, flagging the Expense Line in Error:
" Accounting Detail -- Project GCS_PROJ1 is inactive; select an active project on distribution line 1. "
- Proceed to click at the Accounting Distribution Line level on the Project ID field lookup, search for the second Project ID created under the same PC Business Unit US001, and select it
- Once corrected, and having the proper Project ID value, proceed to submit the Expense Report transaction
- The system throws an additional Error Message when clicking on the final OK before submitting the Expense Report
To gather more information concerning this scenario and its related problem, refer to the available Replication Steps Word Document here linked containing the complete configuration and the replication steps necessary to reproduce the issue.
" Projects ChartFields are invalid for Business Unit GL US001. (13100,269)
Business Unit has changed since entering Projects ChartFields. You have to enter valid Project ChartFields for this Business Unit. "
After having selected a proper Project ID value from the list of valid ones per the involved PC Business Unit, the system still throws this Error Message incorrectly. This is misleading, and confusing to the Users, who already have corrected the initial problem, and all data should be fine. This is preventing Expense Reports from being successfully submitted for approval. Users need to manually re-enter the whole transaction again.
The system should recognize, and validate that the new Project ID value selected is correctly configured under the Project Costing Business Unit initially defaulted into the Accounting Line details, and allow the successful submission of the Expense Report transaction for approvals.
If the Error Message is meant for the Expense Report Header Accounting Defaults, which come from the Expenses Profile User Defaults from the involved Employee, the message should be more explicit, and state exactly what needs to be reviewed, and further changed.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms