Barcode Scanning Devices Using Android Have Virtual Keyboard Issues
(Doc ID 2136428.1)
Last updated on JULY 22, 2020
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Currency Check 01/22/2018***
When entering physical inventory data on the Android device using the PeopleSoft Asset Management Mobile Physical Inventory feature, the virtual keyboard disappears on most fields in the tiles.
If an IOS device is used, the virtual keyboards DO NOT disappear. The product documentation update guide states that "Barcode scanning devices that use an Android Operating system will display the virtual keyboard". The documentation further states that the virtual keyboard will not display on an Apple Operating system. This does not appear to be the case when using the Apple Operating System.
The following Android devices have been tested:
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Android 5.1.1)
Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2)
Samsung Note 3 (Android 5.0)
The following IOS devices have been tested and there are no problems with the virtual keyboards;
Apple IPhone 5S (IOS 9.2.1)
Apple IPhone 6 (IOS 9.2.1)
Apple IPad Air 2 (IOS 9.2.1)
Keyboard is always available on the Android devices when entries are required for the PeopleSoft Asset Management Mobile Physical Inventory feature.
This can be replicated by performing the following steps:
1) Navigate to the Asset Tracking homepage in the PeopleSoft Fluid User Interface on the Android.
2) Select the Physical Inventory tile.
3) Select the PI ID field.
4) Select an existing PI ID to perform Physical Inventory.
5) Enter a Tag Number of an asset to be inventoried in the Scan Next field.
6) The asset information will display. Select the Edit button at the bottom of the page.
7) The Edit Scan Record opens up. Scroll down and select the Comments Field.
8) The Virtual Keyboard will appear and then quickly disappear. You will not be able to key in data to the selected field.
The physical inventory information cannot be fully entered and completed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document