Reverse Group Process (SFRVRGRP) Creates Incorrect Due Dates and Billing Dates on SQL Server Platform
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Campus Solutions 9.0, after applying Bundle #39, reversing a group id, and posting the reversal group is updating ITEM_LINE_SF BILLING_DT, DUE_DT, and ACTUAL_BILLING_DT fields with 01/01/1900. This issue occurs only on SQL Server platforms.
Billing will not select the reversal rows from ITEM_LINE_SF, resulting in incorrect billing amounts.
The reversing entry is posted to the student account from the reversed group, and the student account appears to be correct. However the pre-populated Billing Date on the reversing entry is not being included in billing.
The reversing entry should be posted without a pre-populated due date, allowing the reversing entries to be selected by the billing run.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Group Processing, Reverse Groups;
2. Select a run control;
3. Complete the run control with the Group Id needing to be reversed and submit the process to the process scheduler;
4. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Group Processing, Post Transactions;
5. Select a run control'
6. Enter the new group id created by Step 3;
7. Submit the process to the process scheduler.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, student bills can contain incorrect amounts when there have been group reversals performed on their account.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms