Reverse Group Process (SFRVRGRP) Creates Incorrect Due Dates and Billing Dates on SQL Server Platform
(Doc ID 2137343.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 24, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Financials - Version 9 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Campus Solutions 9.0, after applying Bundle #39, reversing a group id, and posting the reversal group is updating ITEM_LINE_SF BILLING_DT, DUE_DT, and ACTUAL_BILLING_DT fields with 01/01/1900. This issue occurs only on SQL Server platforms.
Billing will not select the reversal rows from ITEM_LINE_SF, resulting in incorrect billing amounts.
The reversing entry is posted to the student account from the reversed group, and the student account appears to be correct. However the pre-populated Billing Date on the reversing entry is not being included in billing.
The reversing entry should be posted without a pre-populated due date, allowing the reversing entries to be selected by the billing run.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Group Processing, Reverse Groups;
2. Select a run control;
3. Complete the run control with the Group Id needing to be reversed and submit the process to the process scheduler;
4. Navigate to Student Financials, Charges and Payments, Group Processing, Post Transactions;
5. Select a run control'
6. Enter the new group id created by Step 3;
7. Submit the process to the process scheduler.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, student bills can contain incorrect amounts when there have been group reversals performed on their account.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document