Budgeted Salary Change Job Data Change Amount Cascading Into 'Assign Group Increases'
(Doc ID 2137873.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2019
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The original problem reported had more to do with negative Change Amount from Job Data being displayed on the Assign Group Increase Pay Component one minute and then clearing so that amount no longer showed. When the issue was reported it was thought that the Negative Change Amount should not be displayed on the Assign Group Increase Pay Component at all since that Component is generally used to document increases given or changes made to salaries during the salary planning period.
In this case the negative amount shown came from the last row on job data and was within the very same Group Budget Time period, 04/01/12 to 12/31/12. The effective date for the negative change amount was 04/01/12 so that amount would be included in the Group Budget for that period of time.
Budgeted Assign Group Increase pulls a Negative Change Amount from Job Data into the Assign Group Increase Pay Component, when there has been no Salary Change Allocated to the Employee.
1. Sign in PS/PS
2. Modify Job Data Compensation for Employee ID KU0003
3. Insert Effective Dated row 04/01/12 Sequence 0, Data Change
4. Annual Compensation, shows 182,400.00
5. Insert Effective Dated row 04/01/12 Sequence 1, Pay Rate Change
6. On the Compensation page of the Job Component, section Pay Components
7. Enter a Change amount of -32,400.00
8. Create Group, to include 2 Employees KU0003 and KU0001,
9. Assign Group Security to Components
10. Define Budgets
11. Default Budget Parameters
12. Assign Group Budget Parameters
13. Create Group Budget
14. Enter Description and Get Group
15. Budget Requested page Effective Date, Budget Type and Reason
16. On the Budget Component Page enter the Change Amount and then Save
17. On the Budget Requested page, enter Dates and then use the Calculate Button and then Save
18. Navigate to Assign Group Increases
19. Enter the Group ID TEST100
20. Verify for Employee ID KU0003 no Increases have been Allocated as yet.
21. Under Pay Components verify that the Change Amount is 0 and then Save; leave the area or log out of the Application.
22. Compensation > Base Compensation > Group Increases> Assign Group Increases > Access Employee ID KU0003
23. Under the Pay Component section, look at the Change Amount it is showing a -32,4000.00 Amount, even though no Allocated Amounts have been Assigned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document