EAM: Asset Is Capitalized When Using Incorrect Threshold Effective Date
Last updated on JULY 29, 2016
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Asset Management - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PO/receipt creates physical asset that is under the capital threshold with acquisition date of 12/2015. A voucher is created with an invoice date (6/2016) earlier than the acquisition date. Capitalization threshold has 2 effective dates, 1/1900 and 7/2015.
The voucher has an invoice date which is the transaction date that falls with the first effective date of 1/1900. Asset as acquisition date that falls after the second effective date.
AMPS1000 sets the voucher row to intfc_type of CAP instead of ACQ.
Expecting AMPS1000 to use the acquisition date to decide which threshold effective date to use.
1. Cap threshold effective date of 1/1900 for Physical 999.99
2. Second cap threshold effective date of 7/2015 for Physical 4,999.99
3. PO is created with today's date of 12/2015. Asset is not capitalized, cost is 2,000.
4. Asset is created with acquisition date of 12/2015, to be capitalized.
5. Voucher is created with invoice date of 6/2015, copied from the receipt.
6. AMPS1000 creates a CAP intfc type.
7. AMIF1000 capitalizes the asset.
8. AM_CAPVAL retires the asset and creates a row in the COST_NON_CAP table.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms