Incorrect Encumbrance Balance on Deleting Negative Miscellaneous Charges From the PO Header
Last updated on AUGUST 07, 2017
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM Purchasing - Version 9.1 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On deleting negative Miscellaneous Charges from the Purchase Order Header, the Encumbrance balance is not back to the initial value and the PO Line Distribution Monetary amount calculation is incorrect.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue
1. Commitment Control enabled for Purchasing.
2. Create a PO with several lines. Budget check the PO.
3. In the "Go to" drop down of the PO, click "Header Misc. Charges" and add a negative Misc. Charge (discount). Click Save after allocation and return back to the main page.
4. Budget check again the PO. The Encumbrance Balance now shows the Merchandise amount minus the Misc. Charge Amount. In the Distribution, the Misc. Charges are visible.
5. In SQL Developer, do a Select in PS_PO_LINE_DISTRIB to find out the Monetary Amount. Select PO_ID, MERCHANDISE_AMT, MISC_AMT, MONETARY_AMOUNT FROM PS_PO_LINE_DISTRIB WHERE PO_ID='...';
6. Go back to Header Misc Charges page and delete the Misc. Charge row or set the amount to zero. The Misc. Charges have been deleted from the header and from distribution.
7. Budget check and verify the various amount data: The Misc. Charges have been deleted from the header and from distribution, but the Encumbrance balance is not back to the initial value. Checking the tables, the monetary amount value has not been updated and is incorrect after deleting the Misc. Charges from the PO header.
The issue is present when setting the Misc Charges amount to 0, instead of deleting the row.
The issue is not present for positive Misc. Charges.
Replication steps with screenshots can be found here.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms