E-AWE: When Requester is an Approver, They Are Skipped. When Transaction is Pushed Back, the Requester Approver Has Pending Approval. No Self Approval Or Route To Requester Selected.
(Doc ID 2143695.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.55 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise SCM eProcurement - Version 9.2 and later
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN Payables - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Approval Framework (AWE) PS 9.2
Approval Process is set up, with 3 steps. The Route To Requester is not checked, nor is Self Approval checked on any of the steps. In the situation where the Requester of the transaction happens to be an Approver for the 2nd Step, that User is Skipped, and the Approval goes Pending for the Next Approver. When that 3rd Approver does a Push Back, the Approval goes to the initially Skipped Requester Approver on the 2nd Step.
The expectation is that when 3rd Approver does a Push Back, the Approval Framework should Skip the 2nd Approver on the way back and be Pending for the 1st Approver.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Approval Process with 3 steps
2. Non of the steps has the Self Approval box checked.
3. The Process ID does now have the Route to Requester box checked.
4. Approval Process has been coded so Push Back can be used.
5. Requester submits transaction.
6. Requester also is the 2nd Step Approver.
7. After 1st Approver, approves transaction, the routing skips 2nd Step Requester/Approver, and goes Pending for 3rd step.
8. In the event the 3rd Approver does a Push Back, observe the routing goes back 1 step, to the Requester/Approver that was initially skipped.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document