Error Opening ePerformance Document from Alerts Pagelet in Non-Base Language
(Doc ID 2144171.1)
Last updated on MAY 23, 2018
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM ePerformance - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
A PeopleCode error is generated when a Manager attempts to access a performance document from the Alerts pagelet in Manager Dashboard in non-base language.
Example: ePerformance document is created in Canadian French (CFR), the Manager logins in English (base language) and error generated.
Invalid message while SQL transaction in process: Language preference will be changed to CFR for the duration of the session. Select OK to Continue. (4600,343) (2,178)
UX_ALERTS_PLT.GBL.DERIVED_UX_USER.DESCR200.FieldChange PCPC:3391 Statement:52
A PeopleCode program tried to issue the indicated message while an SQL cursor is open. The message is invalid since it requires user input.
Review the PeopleCode and either move the message to a place where it will be issued during user "think-time", or change the "style" so no choice is required.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Direct Report Creates a Performance Document in Canadian French (CFR)
2. Navigation: Main Menu > Self Service > Performance Management > My Documents > Create Documents
3. As Manager Login to PeopleSoft, Selecting English (ENG) as Language at Login
4. Navigate: Main Menu > Manager Dashboard
5. Locate Performance Document Created by Direct Report in Alerts Pagelet
6. Click Alert Link
7. PeopleCode Error Generated
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!